Oregon Liquor Control Commission Approved
Related Courses for Oregon:
What is the minimum age to sell/serve alcohol in Oregon?
The minimum age to sell and serve alcohol in Oregon is 18.
The Oregon Liquor Control Commission Alcohol Server Education StaffThe agency that handles Oregon liquor licensing and/or bartender licensing rules and regulations in Oregon is The Oregon Liquor Control Commission Alcohol Server Education Staff. The contact information for The Oregon Liquor Control Commission Alcohol Server Education Staff is listed below. You can contact them to verify that online server certification (bartender license) can be obtained in Oregon. We have also listed that information where applicable.
The Oregon Liquor Control Commission Alcohol Server Education Staff
Telephone: (800) 452-6522 ext. 25133/25114
Telephone: (503) 872-5133 or 503-872-5114
Bartending License, OLCC alcohol server education service permit regulations for sellers and servers in Oregon
- OR 3rd Party Liability Laws: Yes
- OR Happy Hour Laws: The State of Oregon does not have state-wide Happy Hour Prohibitions. Such laws may exist in your city or county. Check with your local jurisdiction for any restrictions.
Can bartenders in OR work as a bartender with a felony conviction?
Yes with restrictions.
OLCC may deny your permit if you have:
Felony drug or felony crimes of violence* convictions
- 1 conviction if the incident occurred within 2 years of the date of your application.
- 2 or more convictions if two of the incidents occurred within 4 years of the date of your application.
*Crimes which threaten, or cause, or attempt to cause physical injury or harm to another person. Some examples are murder, rape, assault, sodomy, armed robbery, etc.
DUII or furnishing alcohol to minors, diversions or convictions
- 2 or more diversions or convictions if two of the incidents occurred within 4 years of the date of your application.
A combination of diversions or convictions
- 4 or more DUII, furnishing, or felony drug or crime of violence convictions if all of the incidents occurred within 10 years and one incident or arrest was within 2 years of the date of your application.
If you are unsure whether you would qualify for a service permit, you can contact the OLCC at 503-872-5127 to discuss your situation with the staff who oversee background checks for service permit applicants.